JOIN THE AMBER CHARTER SCHOOL COMMUNITY!
Amber Charter Schools (ACS) provide our students with an academically rigorous and well-rounded education, along with strong character development, enabling them to prosper in their future endeavors.
Amber Charter Schools:
- Ensure a rigorous and comprehensive core academic experience.
- Support students in multiple ways.
- Create an educational community that celebrates culture and fosters a love of learning.
- Provide clear pathways to high school and college.
GROW WITH US!Amber Charter Schools celebrated our 20-year anniversary in 2020.The Amber Charter Schools network is growing to serve over 2000 students across three of NYC’s most vibrant, highest-need neighborhoods.
By 2025, the Amber Charter Schools network will serve almost 2000 students across three of NYC’s most vibrant, highest-need neighborhoods.
- Amber Charter School East Harlem (CSD 4) currently serves 515 students, K-5, established 2000.
- Amber Charter School Kingsbridge (CSD10) currently serves 450 K-5 students. In 2020, we received a full 5-year renewal that included a middle school expansion, bringing the total enrollment to 916, established 2016.
- Amber Charter School Inwood (CSD 6) was granted a charter in 2019 and is slated to open with 200 students in fall 2021. It is designed for a total enrollment of 823 K-8, opening 2021.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Coaching & Collaboration
- Professional Development
- Promotional Pathways
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Generous Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Commuter & Transit Benefits
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending/Health Reimbursement
WHAT WE SEEK
- Teachers: MA/M.Ed. preferred, NYS certification, > 2 years of impactful classroom teaching
- Teacher Assistants: B.A. preferred, TA certification, experience working with children and families, eagerness to learn effective teaching practices
- Instructional Leaders: MA/M.Ed. required, NYS certification, 3 years of impactful school leadership and/or teacher coaching roles, > 5 years of impactful classroom teaching
- Operations: B.A. required, charter school experience preferred, super organized, strong systems management, detail oriented
*Spanish speakers highly desired for all roles. Amber Charter Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
WHY WORK AT AMBER CHARTER SCHOOLS?
You have high academic expectations for ALL students.
You care deeply about closing achievement and opportunity gaps.
Amber Charter Schools have demonstrated consistent evidence of grade level academic proficiency.
We are also making impressive gains in closing persistent gaps that have existed for far too long, relentlessly striving to demonstrate that all of our students, regardless of race, disability or economic disadvantage, can not only achieve but exceed our expectations.
Our Hispanic students are performing strikingly better than students in other NYC charter schools and students across the city and state. Almost all ACS English language learner students demonstrate a commanding level of English by 3rd grade.
You embrace diversity and are aligned to our core values.
Widely recognized as the first Latino-led charter school in New York State, we strive to ensure our board and staff reflects our student population.
- 62% of our board, 88% of our staff and 69% of our network’s top leaders identify as individuals of color.
- 61% of staff and 29% of our network’s leaders identify as Hispanic or Latinx.
We model the AMBER Way:
Achievement: We embrace a growth mindset.
Community: We create a collaborative community.
Honesty: We communicate intentionally and authentically.
Responsibility: We are solutions oriented.
Respect: We are inclusive and empathetic.
You are a lifelong learner. You seek high quality professional development and a community of collaboration.
Amber Charter Schools has long been committed to professionally developing, promoting and retaining great teachers and leaders. The majority of network leaders (60%) were promoted into their roles, while over a quarter of school-based leaders have advanced into their positions following significant academic impact as classroom teachers.