Amber is a classic example of what “charter schools” were thought to look like when originally envisioned in the early 1990’s, academically challenging, innovative, and community focused.
Amber Charter School, the first Latino-led public charter school prepares K through 5 students for academic success in middle school. Founded in 2000, our first elementary school in East Harlem serves over 460 students. We provide our students an academically rigorous and well-rounded education, along with strong character development, that will enable them to succeed in top middle schools and beyond. In September 2016, Amber Charter School ll, a second elementary school, will open in Washington Heights.
To work at Amber means that you will:
- Be challenged and supported to improve.
- Be expected to communicate and collaborate with colleagues and leadership.
- Be treated with respect, honesty, and professionally.
- Be valued, trained, and supported.
- Be part of a unionized faculty.
Join a team devoted to positively impacting the lives of children and families every day.